Learning a new solution or building an architecture for a specific use case is never easy, especially when you are trying to work alone on such an endeavour – thus this year we will debut a new way of learning specific big data solutions/use cases: working groups.
What will these working groups mean:
- A predefined topic (see below the topics for 2020) that will be either understanding a big data solution or building a use case;
- A group of 5 participants and one predefined driver per group – the scope of the driver is (besides being part of the group) to organize the groups, provide the meeting locations and the cloud infrastructure needed for installing the studied solution;
- 5 physical meetings every 2 weeks (thus a 10 weeks time window for each working group). The meetings will take place either during the week (5PM – 9PM) or Saturdays morning (10AM – 2PM).
- Active participation/contribution from each participant, for example each participant will have to present in 2 of the meetings to the rest of the group;
- Some study @ home between the sessions;
The fee for participating in these working groups is 100 Euro/participant and will cover the costs with cloud infrastructure and location for the group meetings. Also, in case the group reaches a certain deadlock in understanding/solving an issue the organizer will find resources/people that can help in solving/understanding the issue.
The themes for 2020 working groups will be:
- Understanding Apache Pulsar
- Understanding Apache Flink
- Use case Spark: building a classification/recommendation system with Kafka, Spark, Cassandra (the group will decide if recommendation vs classification based on the data/problem that will be solved)
- Use case Druid: Building live dashboards with Apache Druid + Superset
If you are interested in the bigdata.ro working groups, please submit a max of 2 groups from the above list (in the order of interest, use Pulsar/Flink/Spark/Druid as indications for each group) and we will get back – to the ones interested only – with a message regarding the planning of the sessions. Based on the interest we will plan first the ones for which we will have the required number of participants.